Friday 15 March 2013

MUA Shade 1, Shade 13 and Shade 14

These are the first nail polishes from MUA that I have bought, at £1 each why didn't it happen sooner!
These particular ones were bought from Superdrug.com, they are also available from http://www.muastore.co.uk
The bottles are quite small but I think they're cute, the square lids are awkward to handle, in my opinion, but they have redesigned the bottle so I can't wait to get hold of them when they are out!

In the order they were applied, starting with Shade 14: (I am playing around with pictures at the moment!)


 This is a gorgeous deep red with a shimmer to it. I love nail polishes with a shimmer, just makes them a bit nicer than a plain colour. It was fully opaque at one coat, but I added 2 to even out the streaks, mostly my fault for painting my right hand because I'm too lazy to redo my acrylics! It had a lovely finish even without a top coat.

Shade 13:


 This isn't as dark as I  thought it would be, but it's still a really nice colour with a subtle shimmer which I have tried to pick up, really liking green nails at the moment. Shade 13 required 3 coats to fully cover my nails, probably could have got away with 2 but it was a little streaky on some nails.

Shade 1:


This one is my favourite of the 3! Still waiting for new camera so my iPhone wasn't able to capture the colour as well as it is. In the bottle it looks more blue, a midnight blue, but on the nails it looks more black with a blue shimmer, almost pieces of glitter than a shimmer. This one took 3 coats and its very glossy, those pictures don't even have a top coat on! 

I am very please with my purchases for £1! each they were a much better quality than expected. I can't wait to add more to my ever growing collection.

As always I would greatly appreciate any comments on how I am doing
Thanks!
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, all comments are welcome and appreciated :) xx