Wednesday 8 May 2013

Barry M Sequin Nail Paint - Pink and White Swatch and Review

First of 3 posts today!

My cousin let me know that it was 3 for 2 in superdrug today, so how could I not go and see if there was anything worth getting. Completely forgot that these were coming out!
I have seen a review already and I wasn't too keen on them, still not 100% sold on them if I am honest.

There are 3 colours available just named Pink, White and Black and the form the Barry M Sequin range, a textured nail polish. I left the black because it didn't look as exciting as the rest.



 They look so nice in the bottle, and the lids are very cute. First up Pink:



The picture on the right is without a top coat, and on the left is one layer of top coat. I probably wouldn't use this as a full manicure, just for the one finger, its VERY textured. Its a pale pink base with multicoloured glitter and little clear texture bits, like sand. I just made it look very messy. Top 2 nails are 2 coats of Pink Sequin on its own, not very opaque. Bottom 2 fingers are 1 coat of Barry M Dragon Fruit and 1 sequin. Much much better when its layered over another colour, adding 2 coats really messed it up.


 This is the best close up I could get of the polish, I really did make a mess of it didn't I! Ir dried very quickly considering how packed it is. Next up is White, less messy with this one!





For this one I only had one nail without a base, which is the first finger, that is 2 coats of White Sequin. This polish has a white base, not very opaque and the same multi glitter and pink. The first picture is how it looks without a top coat. For the other 3 nails I used 1 coat of Barry M Matt White and 1 coat of Sequin. By the time I had applied this I had grown to like it, but only if it is layered over another colour. I did find it tricky at first to get the right amount on the nails have to dab and push bits about.

The Sequin range is available from all the usual Barry M places: Superdrug and Boots for £3.99 including online, superdrug are 3 for 2 at the moment.

Have you tried the sequin nail paint yet?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, all comments are welcome and appreciated :) xx