Friday 17 May 2013

MUA Lip Boom: Vibe and LMK (Let Me Know)

I had been avoiding lip booms, not sure why, I thought the lip gloss would be sticky and when you can buy lipstick for £1 why spend the extra 2 :P 

I saw one on the MUA instagram, the purple one, and I have been after a purple lipstick that wasn't so dark it was practically black for a while. Why not get it, I love everything else MUA has to offer, and I wasn't let down! There will be quite a few photos in this post.


 They both have one side glittery lipgloss and the other side lipstick with the little lipstick pot at the end. When I opened them I couldn't believe how gorgeous they smell, is it vanilla? They remind me of cakes, I have never smelt a lipstick so nice, even nicer than the Avon ones.

LMK (Let Me Know) Is a nice deep purple, but not too dark. I think I need to work on applying such a dark colour though, I was a bit messy. You can wear it 3 ways (I found 3 ways not sure what the 4th is!) Lipstick on its own, with the gloss over it or the gloss on its own. 


All 3 swatched
Just the gloss
Lipstick and Lipstick+Gloss
 The other one I bought is Vibe. After getting the purple and falling in love I wanted a less 'out there' colour so I could wear it more often. Vibe is a nude colour, just what I was after.


All 3 swatched
Just the gloss
Lipstick and Lipstick+Gloss
The formula is the same for both, the lipsticks turn out darker on my lips than they do on my arm, but I can't take photos of my lips. The glosses are slightly tinted, and then the brush gets a bit tinted with the lipstick anyway.



One of my favourite features from the MUA lipstick range, is the little pot that pops onto the bottom.

I am very impressed with these, I can't believe I waited so long to get them! 

Lip Booms retail at £3. There are other colours as well. You can purchase them at Superdrug and online at MUA Store, both of which have a 3 for 2 offer on at the moment.

Have you tried any of the Lip Booms?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, all comments are welcome and appreciated :) xx